Senior Art Director Job Description
Top Central Florida ad agency, evōk advertising, is looking for an exceptional Senior Art Director. Voted one of the best places to work in Central Florida by the Orlando Business Journal, evōk advertising wants to know if you have what it takes. Our Senior Art Directors combine killer design skills with a proven ability to deliver stunning work, developing original creative concepts and approaches as well as overseeing project design all the way through execution. The Senior Art Director must possess superior visual conceptual skills and knowledge of media requirements/terminology and vendor requirements/capabilities. This position is suitable for a creative professional with five to ten years of graphic design experience. We need someone who can represent our culture and standards within the agency as well as to our clients—someone who is as passionate and excited about their work as we want audiences to be.
Reports to the Creative Director and/or Associate Creative Director.
Helps establish and maintain the highest possible standards of reproduction for all TV, interactive/web, print, outdoor, audio/visual and collateral materials produced by the agency.
• Meets as needed with client service team members and interactive marketing personnel to ensure coordination between traditional and interactive advertising and marketing efforts.
• Provides creative concepts and designs print ads, brochures, booklets, fliers, TV commercials, billboards, interactive/web ads and more, according to strategic plans provided by creative director/account executive, and by assignment from the creative director.
• Meets with account executives/traffic manager/production manager/media as required to ensure timely, accurate completion of assigned projects.
• Works with other art directors, copywriters and additional designated “team” personnel for successful production of creative work.
• Monitors the quality of finished artwork and conceptual materials produced by internal and freelance artists as assigned by creative director. Examines and approves finished art and conceptual material, and supervises alterations and/ or corrections.
• Informs and advises the creative director on department business, including all creative and technical issues and requirements (hardware and software needs, upgrades, training).
• Consults with the creative director, as well as copywriters, production, and account service personnel as necessary to achieve agency objectives.
• Promotes agency consensus in the production of client presentation materials, either conceptual or finished art.
• Recommends and directs photographers and talent at photo sessions.
• Oversees specification of typestyle/font, color, photography, illustration and paper stock; inspects and approves vendor pre-press and press proofs.
• Engages in any personal development necessary to stay current in advertising techniques and standards, and researches activity required to become more familiar with clients’ businesses.
• Meets established deadlines or provides reasonable notice to the production department of special circumstances requiring deadline extension.
• Performs occasional additional duties as deemed appropriate by the creative director.
• Delivers strategically sound conceptual thinking and high level, craftsman-like art direction across multiple brands and channels with minimal supervision
• Contributes a range of solutions to client marketing problems (and briefs) while developing deeper knowledge and understanding of client’s business and competition
• Displays perseverance in pursuing work with energy and drive, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks
• Collaborates effectively across departments to develop, refine and elevate creative concepts
• Inspires creativity within the agency
• Ability to effectively present one’s own ideas and rationale for creative in an effective and persuasive manner, both internally to the agency, and externally to clients
• Demonstrates organized thinking; arranges work into presentations that communicate information effectively and efficiently
• Open-minded and personable with innate curiosity and conceptual ability
• Listens to, acknowledges and responds to others appropriately
• Listens to and applies constructive criticism to their own work as well as that of others
• Offers assistance to peers when needed
• Ability to expertly execute all art needs, including designing and laying out concepts across channels with minimal supervision; can lead and direct junior team members in this capacity
• Possesses a sound understanding of typography principles
• Reviews art and concepts with CD for internal review
• Demonstrates ability to work successfully in partnership with a Copywriter in order to consistently create and sell work
• Exhibits good leadership and organizational skills to successfully manage and direct multiple art components across campaigns
• Effectively partners with agency team and client to see work through from initial concept stage to finish with minimal supervision
• Ability to meet all required deadlines, both internal and external, with minimal supervision
• Expert skill level with Adobe Creative Suite and other related software
• Drives the client’s business forward through strong creative product
• Ability to analyze and learn from both successes and failures
• Creates meaningful results for agency team and client
• Takes direction from CDs and shows immediate progress on feedback
• Stays current with regard to design and advertising trends, tools and practices
• Stays current with trends in culture in general
• Proactively seeks out improvement, training and growth opportunities
• Exhibits a fun attitude and pride in the process of making and selling great work
$46,000 to $52,000
How to Apply
Located in our Lake Mary, Florida corporate headquarters, just north of Orlando, this is a full-time salaried position with health benefits, PTO and ongoing education/training/support package. Fast-paced creative environment, flex time Mon-Fri, periodic happy hours, free carwashes, and more! All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, physical capability, sexual identification/orientation, national origin, or other protected class distinctions.