The PR Coordinator is responsible for supporting the PR & Digital Marketing Manager in developing and executing PR strategies for all Findsome & Winmore clients. This includes managing ongoing media relations, creating and distributing content and assisting the Senior PR & Digital Marketing Manager with the day-to-day execution of PR plans for clients and ongoing news/publicity initiatives that generate media coverage.
- Draft basic PR materials including news/product releases, media alerts, fact sheets, client meeting summaries, status reports and other materials.
- Monitor publications for client media tracking reports.
- Research and pursue speaking opportunities on behalf of clients and monitor and draft award opportunities on behalf of client.
- Carry out special media event planning activities and arrangements.
- Pitch, create and manage all content including but not limited to press. Press releases, blogs, social media, website, brochures, press kits, fact sheets, and biographies.
- Assist with the development and updating of media lists and other databases.
- Aggressively publicize assigned initiatives (corporate, brand/marketing programs, product launches, etc.).
- Generate broadcast, print and internet coverage for clients in audience-focused news outlets.
- Develop and sustain excellent working relationships with trades, reporters and outlets.
- Participate in and train for spokesperson media training activities.
- Coordinate with clients to manage news affecting crisis communication and brand reputation.
- Stay abreast of key issues facing the company and their industries.
- Collaborate with internal, social media and influencer engagement teams to extend and maximize “news”.
- Support overall corporate business goals and priorities and collaborate with counterparts in agency to support corporate priorities.
- Thorough understanding of client initiatives and priorities, as well as the brands and their strategies to ensure purpose, personalities and “demand moments” are successfully reflected in work and results.
- Strong analytical and strategic planning skills.
- Outstanding media relations skills, including the experience and confidence to speak with the press on a daily basis on a wide, varying range of topics.
- Expertise in producing b-roll, video news releases and other supporting video.
- Proven success in generating local and regional media coverage.
- Excellent writer and editor.
- Strong understanding of and experience with social media.
- Effective verbal communications skills and ability to influence internal and external audiences.
- Able to manage multiple projects and tasks, various internal clients and a fast-paced/on-deadline environment.
- Thorough understanding of and experience working with media (print, broadcast, online, social).
- Excellent collaborator and builder of relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience with issues and crisis management.
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment balancing multiple priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Journalism or English preferred
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in a dynamic media relations and public relations environment
How to Apply
If you are looking to advance your career in a role with an established, forward-thinking company with top notch clients and a family-friendly culture, please consider applying. We are seeking the best and brightest to join our team!
To apply, please send your resume, salary requirements, and samples of your best work to firstname.lastname@example.org.