The Media Planner will assist in the development and execution of media plans under the direction of the Media Director.
o Analyze and monitor media marketplace, marketing and other related media data to aid planning team.
o Gather and evaluate required media data for the execution of media plans. i.e., competitive spending, tracking plan delivery of audience, schedules rates, etc.
o Assist in the writing of media plans which will be reviewed by Media Supervisor or Media Director.
o Maintain regular contact with account management and other internal partners.
o Assist in writing of objectives and strategies, plan development and presentations.
o Evaluate and write POV’s.
o Manage day to day plan changes and maintenance.
Media Research Analysis:
o Proficient with media research tools: IMS, Nielsen, etc
o Ability to analyze, evaluate, and effectively communicate media research data.
o Keep up with industry trends.
o Work with Agency and internal resources on media related issues.
o Participate in Media training sessions.
Maintain and support all company standards as specified within the Quality Management System.
Supports/facilitates the mandatory adherence to ISO9001 requirements, processes and procedures.
Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
• Exceptional communication skills to work closely with and build relationships with account and buying teams.
• Strong presentation skills to garner support from the account management team and the external client.
• Analytical ability to gather and interpret market and sales figures to determine the most lucrative approach for the client while staying within budgetary guidelines.
• Ability to work with geo-demographic data and customer segmentation models to understand target definition at a market level.
• Strong understanding of media mix models, including experience with digital planning
• Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
• Significant organizational skills to work simultaneously on numerous media objectives in a comprehensive method.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
• Two years media planning experience.
• Experience using Donovan, IMS, and other media tools preferred.
• Have physical and mental requirements to meet the above listed job responsibilities.
How to Apply
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Karin Turrieta at email@example.com.
No phone calls please.