- Full time benefited position.
- Responsible for helping maintain the brand image of the Orlando Science Center and driving revenue generated by walk-in attendance, membership sales and fee-based programs. This goal is achieved by increasing public and members’ awareness of all events, programs, exhibits and films.
- This position is responsible for working with the VP of Marketing on developing and implementing the marketing strategy for Science Center campaigns, including traditional media buys in print, radio, TV, online and outdoor and more creative opportunities like cross-promotions, email, text and mobile campaigns.
- This position is charged with investigating new marketing media and opportunities plus initiating and sustaining partnerships to provide added value to marketing efforts.
- The Marketing Manager is responsible for maintaining the advertising budget and reviews it on a regular basis with the VP of Marketing to keep overages to a minimum.
- This position works closely with the Creative Manager and PR Specialist to help design and develop advertising, promotions, marketing materials and brand initiatives.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for earned revenue generated by walk-in attendance and membership sales. Help develop annual attendance and sales projections.
- Work closely with the VP of Marketing, Creative Manager, PR specialist and other departments to maintain brand consistency and drive brand efforts.
- Develop and implement marketing and advertising strategy for the organization with the assistance of the VP of Marketing.
- Maintain the advertising budget and review it on a regular basis with the VP of Marketing to keep overages to a minimum. Identify any challenges and opportunities.
- Work with the PR Specialist to develop email marketing that works in tandem with social media campaigns to promote exhibits, events and programs.
- Be proficient with web, email and social media marketing, including Google Ad Words, mobile and text campaigns and Search Engine Optimization.
- Work closely with graphics on the design and development of advertising, marketing collateral materials, website and promotions.
- Work with vendors, freelancers and other partners to develop and maintain marketing efforts, including advertising, digital marketing and other opportunities.
- Assist marketing team with its events and initiatives, both internally and externally (Otronicon, Science Night Live, Fundraisers, Exhibit & Film premieres, offsite promotions and community outreach, which includes some nights and weekends).
- Recruit and mentor interns assigned to the marketing team.
- Identify and initiate relationships with potential partners in media, retail, nonprofit, tourism and industry (Visit Orlando for example) to provide added promotional support.
- Build and nurture relationships with local, regional and national cultural venues.
- Work closely with the membership, education, and visitor experience teams to develop marketing materials and advertising campaigns to support their initiatives.
- Support the Development team with the design and implementation of fundraising collateral pieces, promotions and campaigns to support their fundraising and events.
- Editor of SCOPE, OSC’s magazine.
- Maintains an understanding of local and regional demographics, publications and media.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, advertising or marketing preferred.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
Experience in developing marketing strategy, brand management, managing ad budgets and media buys, developing campaigns for web, email, text and mobile preferred. Teamwork experience preferred.
Should be able to sit/stand for extended lengths of time (for example, manning trade show booths or supporting special events), able to lift, push or pull 50lbs at least to support load-in/load out for special events and offsite promotional, able to set up booths and tents for expos and outreach events. Must be comfortable climbing stairs without difficulty to assist with internal and external events.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
For FT Health benefits (health, dental, vision), long-term disability; life insurance, employer matched savings plan, flexible vacation days (4 weeks) annual membership, discounts in café, store and programs.