Innovate the Core is seeking a Marketing and Social Media Intern to join our edTech startup team. This is a great opportunity for a student seeking a career in online sales and advertising, marketing, business, or entrepreneurship. You will help us connect customers to our product through social media channels. You will report directly to the CEO on various projects and tasks to gain experience in the field of marketing and social media. He/She will work on a wide variety of projects including frequent website content updates, the development and implementation of social media campaigns, logistical planning and coordination of professional conferences and expos, and creating content for all social media channels. He/she will also be able to work with cross departments including Finance, Web Development, Sales, etc. to gain knowledge in these other areas of operation and budgeting. This is a great opportunity to enhance skills in organization, multi-tasking, communications, and learn about entrepreneurship and the startup world, product marketing, and social media engagement.
Our ideal candidate would be a self-starter who has an interest in entrepreneurship and a willing flexibility to assist in multiple areas of a growing startup. We are a young, thriving company with a national audience and are looking for a bright, enthusiastic, hardworking intern to join our team!
Hours are flexible, with a minimum of ten hours a week. This position is available starting in December, and end date/holiday schedule is flexible. The intern will work remotely, with weekly meetings with the CEO and leadership team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Monitor and create content for Innovate the Core’s social media channels
– Develop and execute social media seasonal social media and email campaigns
– Assist in the design and printing of marketing collateral including signage, fliers, resource guides, blog posts, and website content
– Work with our team to represent Innovate the Core at conference expos
– Track social media analytics, and use the data to guide new efforts and optimize current initiatives
– Write content for new product features
– General business knowledge – a few business courses or experience working in an office is preferrable
– Use of Google programs – Drive, Slides, Sheets, etc.
– Basic use of social media platforms, including Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
– Enrolled in a college degree program
– Strong written, oral, and presentation communication skills
– Detail oriented
– Professional presence and demeanor
Position Type: Internship
Desired Major(s): Marketing, Business
Desired Class Level(s): Junior, Senior
Salary Level: Unpaid - for credit
Approximate Hours Per Week: 10-15
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.