The Marketing Manager will be a part of the daily operations of the Marketing Department, helping to successfully develop and implement strategies that promote Florida Citrus Sports’ services, events and sales/fundraising initiatives. This position requires the candidate to manage several projects and includes brand and project management, budget maintenance, production, media trafficking, vendor oversight, grassroots/event marketing operations and general office work. This position will report directly to the Sr. Director of Marketing & Media.
The Marketing Manager will guide and execute daily operations of the Marketing department, specifically collaborating on and implementing the overall strategic plan, managing production timelines and budgets, overseeing brand consistency between projects, administering in-house assets (such as websites, e-mail platforms and social media channels), directing grassroots marketing initiatives and providing overall support during company events. The position will develop and facilitate projects to support FCSports objectives in membership sales, customer service, business development, fundraising and communications. The manager will serve as a primary contact for external vendors and will supervise any seasonal or temporary employees within the department. This position will manage numerous concurrent projects and recognize all projects are deadline-driven.
The ideal candidate should be a detail-oriented self-starter, possess excellent written and oral communication skills, and enjoy working in a multi-task, deadline-driven environment. Organization, initiative, and the ability to express thoughts clearly and simply are essential. The manager role will be expected to balance the development of “big picture” ideas and execution of small details and logistics of individual projects.
• College degree in Marketing, Business or related field
• Experience in project management, account management, traffic or similar role within a marketing department or agency
• Experience in budget management and vendor coordination
• Experience in navigating a heavy workload to meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office
• Strong writing/proofreading skills and familiarity with Associated Press style
• Reliable transportation
• Familiarity with HTML editing and web content management systems
• Experience with collection, interpretation and application of business intelligence/analytics data
• Experience or familiarity with Adobe CS products (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
• Experience with community management and content strategy on social media (preferably for a brand or organization)
Prior experience within the sports or nonprofit industries is not required or preferred to fulfill the needs of the position.
This position requires at least forty hours per week and the flexibility to work occasional nights and weekends according to the Florida Citrus Sports event schedule. The position requires the ability to work during Labor Day weekend and the December holiday season.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, references and any other requested materials to email@example.com with the position stipulated in the subject line.