Responsible for researching, writing and editing for internal and external inclusion in integrated campaign tactics such as print collateral, web pages, digital ads, and social media and blog posts. Works collaboratively in a fast-paced environment with the copywriter and other members of the marketing team, taking direction and feedback in stride. Provides thoughtfully written copy for print and electronic mediums—plus develops and executes big-picture creative concepts. Carefully proofreads content for accuracy against Dr. Phillips Center brand guidelines at various stages of production.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
-Researches subject matter, then writes and/or edits copy for marketing materials with various internal and external audiences (emails, brochures and other collateral, print and digital ads, radio spots, social media and blog posts, etc.) and materials distributed internally (one-sheets, handbooks, emails, etc.).
– Develops thorough knowledge of arts center departments and programs to maintain accuracy and consistency in communication efforts.
– Stays true to brand voice across platforms and adheres to appropriate brand nomenclature.
Articulately communicates ideas in written or oral presentation format to the copywriter and/or creative director.
– Helps develop ideas and contribute to the development of campaigns by interpreting strategies or directives and creating impactful short-form and/or long-form copy that captures the voice and tone of the Dr. Phillips Center brand, while meeting the purpose or goal of the initiative.
– Follow and support all operational policies and procedures. Assimilate into the arts center culture through understanding, supporting and demonstrating the core values.
– Maintain a professional and friendly relationship with other departments, colleagues, and partners.
– Able to remain calm under pressure. Ability to work effectively with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy. Maintain Dr. Phillips Center standards of customer service at all times.
– Able to effectively communicate in English in both written and oral forms.
– Other duties as assigned.
Please provide a link to your online portfolio or attach a PDF that includes relevant samples of your work. (Required)
Knowledge and Experience
– Associate degree required, bachelor’s degree preferred in advertising, public relations, journalism, mass communication, English or related discipline with emphasis on writing.
– At least one-year experience in advertising copywriting, journalism or public relations, working in an advertising agency or in-house marketing department.
– Strong portfolio of work that demonstrates expertise in writing across many types of media, including print, web and email.
– Strong understanding of brand voice application in marketing communications.
– Knowledge of marketing/advertising style of writing and strong ability to develop both long- and short-form copy that is both creative and effective.
– Awareness of legal issues related to copyright and intellectual property.
– Ability to write for a variety of mediums and audiences.
– Proven exceptional attention to detail, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
– Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and manage multiple deadlines, work as part of a team or independently, and solve roadblocks and issues.
– Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
– Skill in the use of personal computers with the aptitude learn new technologies and related office software, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, content management systems, email marketing platforms, social media platforms and project management software.
– Special Conditions of Employment
This position requires the ability to work a variable schedule, evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet operational needs.
The Dr. Phillips Center provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under the law.
How to Apply
Please apply via this link:
Join the fun.
At Dr. Phillips Center, one of our main goals is to cultivate an inspirational, creative place where people love to be—and where people love to work. In other words, we want to make sure our team has an amazing time sharing Arts For Every Life® every day.
Here’s what you could look forward to:
– $0 payroll deduction for single coverage: medical, dental & vision
– Life insurance
– Short- & long-term disability coverage
– Company-matched 401k & no vesting
– 19 days of paid time off in the first 12 months
– 8 paid holidays
– Casual work environment
– Free classes at our Florida Hospital School of the Arts
– Free parking downtown
– Access to see incredible shows
– Discounts on pet insurance, auto purchases, theme park tickets & more