The Graphic Designer is responsible for the design and production of internal and external communication materials. With input and supervision of the Director, Creative Services, works collaboratively with the all members of the Creative and Marketing team to develop and execute various design projects from concept to completion and create final artwork for print and digital production or deployment.
– Design and produce marketing assets and materials for print and digital projects using original artwork, photography, type, illustration, and other components as directed, that are consistent with graphic standards and the arts center’s brand.
– Production and localization of supplied/existing marketing assets for a wide range of print and digital tactics.
– Edit, retouch, and color-correct photography.
– Ensure technical accuracy of design files throughout workflow, insert changes, revise components of design with an eye for detail and correctness, and prepare final artwork for transmission to vendors.
– Utilizes project management software to maintain workload and meet assigned deadlines.
– Follow and support all operational policies and procedures. Assimilate into the arts center culture through understanding, supporting and demonstrating the core values.
– Maintain a professional and friendly relationship with other departments, colleagues, and partners.
– Able to remain calm under pressure. Ability to work effectively with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy. Maintain Dr. Phillips Center standards of customer service at all times.
– Able to effectively communicate in English in both written and oral forms.
– Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience
– Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred in graphic arts, digital media, or a related field. Requires a minimum of 3 years’ experience in design, working with branding, advertising agency, or in-house environment.
– Strong portfolio of work that demonstrates expertise in layout, composition, typography, and general principles of design across many types of media; inclusive of print, digital, web, and email.
– Proven exceptional attention to detail and visual problem-solving skills.
– Knowledge and understanding of adhering to and implementing brand guidelines.
– Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud including but not limited to; Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign. After – Effects is a plus, but not required.
– Beginning to intermediate level knowledge of HTML/HTML5, and CSS.
– Familiarity of using a CMS and email marketing platform.
– Knowledge of photo retouching, manipulation, and editing. Preferred knowledge of photography and video capture, editing, production, and export using industry-standard software.
– Basic to intermediate knowledge of legal issues related to copyright and intellectual property.
– Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple deadlines, to work as part of a team or independently, and to solve roadblocks and address issues.
How to Apply
Please apply via this link: https://goo.gl/Bxu9HZ
Join the fun!
At Dr. Phillips Center, one of our main goals is to cultivate an inspirational, creative place where people love to be—and where people love to work. In other words, we want to make sure our team has an amazing time sharing Arts For Every Life® every day.
Here’s what you could look forward to:
– $0 payroll deduction for single coverage: medical, dental & vision
– Life insurance
– Short- & long-term disability coverage
– Company-matched 401k & no vesting
– 19 days of paid time off in the first 12 months with no waiting period
– 8 paid holidays
– Casual work environment
– Free classes at our Florida Hospital School of the Arts
– Free parking downtown
– Access to see incredible shows
– Discounts on pet insurance, auto purchases, theme park tickets & more