The graphic artist is responsible for developing and designing the external and internal graphic image of the Orlando Science Center. This position requires a creative problem solver with the ability to manipulate and enhance the “image guide lines” set by our advertising consultant. This will be achieved through the use of a wide range of electronic and/or printed graphic materials, involving a variety of integrated steps and processes, and requiring extensive knowledge of specialized, multi-faceted design concepts and media. The graphic designer will also need to create complex, original graphic design and comprehensive layout concepts for multiple advertising avenues included but not limited to periodical, newspaper, billboard, posters, flyers, brochures and magazine layouts. They must be able to takes initiative, be a problem-solver, be highly computer literate and is knowledgeable both on MAC and PC.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assures the graphic image and consistent look is maintained throughout all collateral material and advertising campaigns. Helps enforce, develop and improve the graphic image for the Orlando Science Center.
- Conceptualizes, plans, designs, and produces a wide range of specialized graphic and/or illustrative material, to include multimedia concepts, as appropriate.
- Works with VP of Marketing, Creative Manager and Marketing Manager to ascertain priorities and needs, and to develop graphic directions, concepts, and specifications for assigned projects.
- Plans production schedules for the various steps in the design process workflow.
- Identifies, selects, and coordinates vendors for printing and publication services, as appropriate to the project; may write and process requests for proposals for printing requisitions; identifies and recommends contractors, such as printers and illustrators.
- Oversees and coordinates the production process; and selects appropriate production media and materials, such as ink and paper; inspects proofs for accuracy and adherence to appropriate production standards.
- Provides technical advice and guidance, and serves as liaison with and printing representatives on design and technical graphics issues.
- Participates in production and/or marketing planning group sessions and meetings.
- Works with writers directly to assure accuracy and efficiency of all collateral material.
- May coordinate a graphics or photographic library and/or maintain digital records.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Provide technical support and general maintenance of the graphics computers.
- Basic updating and knowledge of the digital signage system.
- Associate Degree or higher. A portfolio and experience that are directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Takes initiative, is a problem-solver, is highly computer literate and is knowledgeable both on MAC and PC.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of graphic design.
- Ability to create and produce graphic materials using a range of media, methods, techniques, and equipment.
- Ability to compile and prepare graphic schedules, and work plans.
- Knowledge of available external graphic design, printing, publication, and associated resources.
- Knowledge of printing and/or reproduction processes and techniques.
- Knowledge of graphic layout and photographic requirements and procedures.
- Knowledge of the following software tools: Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign; Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
$32,000 per year.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your resume to HRSpecialist@osc.org.