BIGEYE is looking for an experienced Front End Developer who can utilize HTML, CSS and jQuery to develop effective user interfaces with a strong eye for both detail and great design. The successful candidate will work closely with our Digital Marketing Department and Creative Department to build and update client websites, HTML5 ads, apps, and landing pages. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application or web page, with an emphasis on building responsive websites. The ideal candidate will bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works. The Front End Developer will also be responsible for creating innovative solutions to web design issues to help make the website more visually appealing and enhance usability. This person should also be alert to changes, new opportunities of interest to clients and compatible with client goals and objectives.
– Establish deadlines for design and UX needed and report deadlines to the creative, production and account services departments.
– Develop new user-facing features for websites, landing pages, apps, and HTML5 ads.
– Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
– Work with the account services department and creative department to ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
– Optimize websites, landing pages, and apps for maximum speed and scalability.
– Work with the creative department to ensure that all design and functionality files are properly accounted for and all information is provided prior to website development kickoff.
– Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to the back-end.
– Promptly approved all media invoices to be forwarded to client for payment.
– Ensure that all projects are being completed in a timely and efficient manner.
– Translate Adobe Photoshop design files to responsive websites without sacrificing design principles or spacing.
– QA all projects across all major browsers and devices to ensure final work presented to the client is error-free.
– Research features and functionality that adds value to existing designs or client projects.
– Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3.
– Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
– Strong understanding of web development on WordPress, Drupal, and Sizmek Ad Builder.
– Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
– Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Photoshop is a plus.
– Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
– Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
– Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
– A team player that is passionate about their contribution towards delivering great work and an eye for detail.
– Strong communication and planning skills.
– Experience with Workamajig a plus.
How to Apply
please visits our careers page at www.bigeyeagency.com/careers/