Manages the execution of creative marketing efforts in a department responsible for the brand and creative works, including audience promotions and advertising. Manages the execution of print and online production, graphic arts, and desktop publishing for on-property and external marketing and advertising. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Leads and directs the work of others, including copywriter(s) and designer(s). A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. A key contributor in new business pitches, presenting layouts and storyboards. Internal and external clients, including the internal account and creative team, rely on the Art Director to provide day- to-day creative leadership, managing the copywriting and design efforts. Reports to the Director, Creative.
• Provide hands-on team leadership in the execution of creative projects from starting point through execution.
• Collaborate with writers, designers, and other team members to obtain exceptional results.
• Partner with digital, PR, and Marketing team members to foster integration: promotion, digital, social, in-store, events, mobile, video and TV.
• Contribute ideas and energy at brainstorm sessions and internal/client presentations.
• Nurture the skills and career development of creative staff.
• Present concepts, ideas and completed product to clients and colleagues.
• Manage time as both creator and manager to lead and execute on creative campaigns as well as managing the team’s priorities.
• Collaborate with shows, marketing, and communications leadership to translate business goals into creative solutions.
• Champion brand consistency across visual and voice design by maintaining and distributing key brand assets.
• Serve as a creative partner to external agencies and vendors to provide content input.
• Prioritize and manage the team’s projects, workflow, and deadlines.
• Art direct photo and video shoots and provide set guidance as needed.
• Accountable for improving Creative Workflow, streamlining process for faster turnaround, at less cost, without error, at the highest quality output.
• Run weekly production meetings, holding direct reports accountable for deadlines, while influencing other stakeholders (F&B, Education, Philanthropy, Marketing, Sales, etc.) to support successful outcomes.
• Evaluate all operational aspects of department, including creative hardware/software, their cost-benefit, making sound recommendations to improve process.
• Works with Traffic Manager to ensure jobs are tracked and delivered to client on time.
• Create, communicate, implement and document all processes/ SOP’s as it relates to Creative Team.
• Other Duties as assigned.
• 5+ years of relevant advertising or in-house agency experience.
• Corporate Art direction experience a plus.
• Ability to lead effective teams in achieving goals.
• Experience working with all major artistic software programs (Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, etc.). Working experience with project management software (ex. Workamajig; Workfront; or Basecamp).
• Proven written and verbal communication skills, as evidenced by a portfolio of work
• Ability to work effectively under pressure. Excellent multi-tasking ability. Flexibility and composure to work on tight deadlines and multiple projects.
• This position requires the ability to work a variable schedule, evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet operational needs.
The Dr. Phillips Center provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under the law.
How to Apply
Apply online at goo.gl/gkJTfn. In lieu of a cover letter, candidates are asked to include a portfolio submitted as a PDF, no more than 5MB in size, roughly 10 pieces/pages, including work in: integrated campaigns, print, digital, video, radio, etc. We will accept and review hyperlinks embedded in the PDF to review digital, video, audio, however we will not review online portfolios.