An experienced Account Supervisor responsible for developing, managing and implementing targeted, proactive media relations strategies. This position is based in the Orlando area and requires the ability to work in a fast-paced environment while managing sophisticated communications challenges including public affairs communications strategies/plans covering local, statewide and national issues, and managing crisis communications as needed.
• Develops, manages and implements targeted, proactive media relations and public affairs communications strategies
• Identifies and responds to journalists’ requests for information as appropriate
• Serves as public spokesperson when appropriate
• Minimum 5 years of experience
• Must have held a position as an account manager or account supervisor within a well-respected public relations or public affairs firm or a leadership role in a non-profit, healthcare or government agency
• Strong knowledge of digital content and social media landscape
• Must be ambitious, self-motivated, entrepreneurial and collaborative
• Able to work with multiple clients and projects
• Excellent writing and verbal skills
• Strong people, relationship-building and project management skills
• Knowledge of and commitment to Florida
• Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, public policy, political science, economics, law or history from a top university
$65,000 - $80,000
How to Apply
Email resume and three writing samples to email@example.com
We offer career advancement opportunities, training, competitive salary and benefits and flextime.
Benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, PTO, IRA, birthday off.