Qualifications: Two (2) to three (3) years professional experience in public relations. Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism or related marketing field. Strong writing skills, thorough knowledge of local and general understanding of national publications, hands-on events experience, and a proven track record of on-time, high-quality delivery of account work and writing projects.
Work effectively and collaborate with a range of senior-level and junior-level colleagues. Self-motivated and results-driven. Possible travel required. Ability to perform core job duties that may include – on a regular basis – sitting, bending, stooping and standing for lengthy periods of time. This position requires superior management and multi-tasking skills.
As an Account Executive at Rockaway, employee must possess excellent organizational and interpersonal skills; and play an important role in executing client strategies, managing junior employees and client accounts, generating story ideas, securing media placements and achieving marketing goals.
• Oversee junior staff, and report to upper management and executive team
• Create PR calendars
• Ensure client deliverables within designated PR hours and on budget
• Research and build media lists
• Establish new editor and journalist relationships on behalf of the company
• Regional and local pitching for broadcast, print, radio and online
• Help identify new client and company opportunities
• Assist with drafting round-up releases for major holidays, themes and initiatives
• Client written materials, contact and meetings
• Manage lists and maintain organization on hard drive
• Assist with event planning, logistics and execution
• Properly manage use of editorial calendars
• Oversee social media initiatives for respective accounts
• Consult on advertising as needed
Three years professional experience.
How to Apply
Fun work atmosphere